Island-Inspired Smoothie Recipe to Jumpstart Your Day
The saying goes that breakfast is the most important meal of the day–and it’s true. Your body needs fuel in the morning to jumpstart your day and give it energy. If you’re wondering what healthy ingredients to put in a smoothie to jumpstart the day, let’s talk through how to make a good smoothie right at home.
When we picture a beachside breakfast, there’s endless fresh, bright fruits, juices, and beautiful views. Even though every morning can’t be a seaside experience, smoothies are a great way to have an island-inspired start to your day, and introduce healthy ingredients into your diet. Anything that you can blend can go in a smoothie–fruits, veggies, nut butters, even syrup! There’s endless opportunities.
If you’re looking for a quick, easy, and healthy breakfast to keep you energized all day long, keep reading to learn how to make island smoothies at home.
What you’ll need:
1. A blender
2. Fresh fruit (or veggies!) of your choice, some suggestions:
3. Powder protein of your choice, around 20 grams per serving
4. Peanut butter, almond butter – optional
5. Milk (Whole, oat, almond, coconut–whatever you have will do)
Here’s a few tips to try at home for how to make a tropical fruit smoothie so good you’ll taste the seashore
- The secret to a perfect smoothie? Freeze your fruit beforehand and leave out the ice. Frozen bananas make for an extra-creamy smoothie
- For a good smoothie with an extra energy-boost, add a scoop or two of protein–whey and soy are popular and can be found in most grocery stores
- Save time in the am: clean, chop, and prep your ingredients on Sunday’s by packing small bowls or jars with the veggies and fruits you plan to use. Then freeze and simply grab, blend, and go in the morning
- Save the turtles! Invest in reusable silicon, glass, or stainless steel straws–there’s lots of fun, colorful options out there to make your morning a bit brighter